Central Kentucky Riding for Hope (CKRH), a 42-year-old nonprofit that provides a variety of equine therapies and activities for people of all ages, will host its 20th annual fundraising gala , NIGHT OF THE STARS, on Saturday, June 17 at Fasig-Tipton in Lexington. Tickets remain for the event, which includes dinner and drinks, Silent Auction and Purebred Live Auction, in which the highest bidders earn sponsorship by CKRH participants and their equestrian partners.
“Roaring 20th” is the theme of NIGHT OF THE STARS, which begins at 6 p.m. ET at Fasig-Tipton, the racehorse auction house based at 2400 Newtown Pike in Lexington. Cocktail outfits or 20s Roaring themed outfits are recommended.
“NIGHT OF THE STARS welcomes approximately 500 guests to one of the most exciting and rewarding fundraisers of the year in Lexington,” said CKRH CEO Pat Kline. “CKRH is proud to have helped thousands of people thanks to our beloved therapy horses, who have the magical ability to communicate with people and generate a positive physical or emotional response. Now in its 20th year, NIGHT OF THE STARS would not have been possible without the strong support of the community, especially from the Purebred industry.”
Bidding is now open on Silent and Live Auctions at https://one.bidpal.net/nots2023/browse/all. If you are interested in a Live Auction item and are unable to attend the NIGHT OF THE STARS, call CKRH at (859) 231-7066 by 4 p.m. Friday, June 16 and leave your name and phone number along with the item you want to bid on . Someone from CKRH will call you to bid for you when the item goes up for sale.
Auction items include:
- Several items commemorate the legendary Secretariat, including a 2003 Anniversary Maker’s Mark bottle signed by owner Penny Chenery.
- The lanyard is worn by Purebred superstars such as Triple Crown American Pharaoh winner, Gun runner-up leader, Racing Hall of Famer Tiznow and Essential Quality champion. Each cord comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Race day at the Kentucky Downs on September 2 for six, including a buffet lunch and an open bar plus a chance to meet jockey and broadcaster Larry Collmus and present the trophy for the race. race named CKRH.
- Complete set of eight bottles of Blanton’s Bourbon Original Single Barrel. Each stopper has a horse and jockey in different positions to resemble the stages of a race. When placed in the correct order, the buttons spell Blantons.
- Charcoal and pastel painting framed by renowned Louisville artist Jeaneen Barnhart, showing Spendthrift Ranch silks.
- Overnight in the Treehouse at Hill ‘n’ Dale Ranch in Xalapa near Paris, Kentucky.
- Four spots to Land Rover Kentucky’s three-day event of 2024 at Kentucky Horse Park.
Other categories are Art and Photography; Children; Collector; Dining and Entertainment; Weekends and Trips; His and hers; Gardening and Outdoors; Home and Kitchen; Strict horse; and Jewelry.
Online Auction at one.bidpal.net/nots2023/welcome
This press release has not been edited by BloodHorse. If you have any questions, please contact the organization that produced the release.