May 1, 2022
By Paul Homewood
h / t FrankobaysioFrank
It’s scary to think what will happen to the passengers on board.
An electric bus caught fire after a battery explosion in Paris
A video shows the start of a fire that completely consumed an electric RATP bus on Friday, April 29. No one was injured in the incident. The bus caught fire within seconds. This is what can be seen on the initial video recording of the fire of a RATP tram in Paris, this Friday, April 29. In the image, we can see a small explosion occurring. on the roof of the bus. , where the batteries were located, followed by a huge fire that spread to the entire body, at a dizzying speed. This route 71 bus caught fire in the 13th arrondissement of Paris in the morning, mobilizing about 30 workers, according to firefighters contacted by Le Parisien. It is a 100% electric vehicle, belonging to the Bluebus 5SE line of the Bolloré brand, like the bus that caught fire in early April.
This afternoon, RATP decided to temporarily withdraw from circulation 149 Bolloré electric buses circulating on its network.