expert Jonathan appeared in Manhattan court on Tuesday to face assault and harassment charges stemming from his arrest in March, a case his lawyers called a “witch hunt”. “Racist in nature.
The 33-year-old “Creed III” actor attended the hearing via Zoom and spoke only to confirm that he agreed to appear virtual and not in person, according to People.
RELATED: UPDATE: Jonathan Majors’ alleged victim has been granted a temporary restraining order ahead of court date
Majors’Attorney declares domestic violence case a racially biased ‘witch hunt’
In a statement obtained by Shade roomlawyer Priya Chaudry called the actor’s assault the victim of a racist “witch hunt”.
She also claimed that they provided the District Attorney with “irrefutable evidence” that the victim in the case was lying, “including video evidence showing nothing happened,” Chaudry said. .
“We have provided the District Attorney with irrefutable evidence that the woman is lying, including video evidence that shows nothing happened, especially not where she claims to be. We did this with a clear promise from the DA that they wouldn’t ‘fix’ their case and change it when we proved that woman was lying…”
Chaudry claimed that the victim in the case changed her story several times and argued that “her location changed” and that “her story changed” as the case progressed.
“However, this spoof continues, the woman’s confirmed location changes and her story transforms. This is a witch hunt against Jonathan Majors, fueled by baseless claims.”
Chaudry went on to accuse the district attorney of “adapting the charges to the woman’s new lie” and made it clear that there were no new charges against him. According to AP News, the court filed a “revised domestic violence charge” against the actor.
“Rather than dismissing the allegations in the face of the woman’s obvious lies, the DA adjusted the charges to accommodate the woman’s new lies. It is clear that there are no new charges against Mr Majors.”
Majors’ attorneys added that although they say they have “even more” video evidence of his innocence, they are hesitant to share it for “fear the DA will tip the woman off.” change my story again.”
Chaudry went on to call his MCU star client a victim of racial prejudice and pointed out “the double standard between the treatment of the Majors… and his accusers.
“The criminal justice system is saturated with obvious and implicit bias…” Chaudry writes. “This clear double standard between the treatment of Jonathan Majors, a 200 lbs Black man, and his accuser, highlights the racial prejudice that permeates the criminal justice system the thing.”
Updated complaint says Majors pulled her “Right Middle Finger”, causing significant pain
Majors was arrested on March 25, 2023, in Manhattan on a misdemeanor charge of strangulation, assault and harassment in a reported family dispute with his girlfriend.
In an updated complaint obtained by Daily Beast, the woman said the incident began around 12:40 a.m. in downtown Manhattan. That’s when the Major is said to have pulled “her right middle finger causing significant bruising, swelling and pain.”
“I observe more [Majors] grabbed my right arm, put it behind me, and twisted my right forearm and right middle finger with his hand, causing severe pain in my right forearm and right middle finger. I observe more [Majors] hit me with his hand across my right ear causing me severe pain and a tear behind my right ear.”
The alleged victim said that Majors pushed her into the car with “both of his hands”, causing her to fall backwards. Prosecutors had previously argued that the incident left her with “minor head and neck injuries”.
Jonathan Majors could spend ONE YEAR in prison as his charge was upgraded to third degree assault https://t.co/m5SzKBZ5Ax pic.twitter.com/vEZYZQwmNa
– US Daily Mail (@DailyMail) May 9, 2023
The background of the Major’s domestic violence case since his arrest on March 25
EQUAL Shade room reported last month, Major’s alleged victim was granted a temporary restraining order in the weeks leading up to their court date on Tuesday (May 9). According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Majors must continue to comply with orders and not contact the whistleblower.
According to the actor’s attorney, the move is “standard in cases like this.” Furthermore, the attorney explained that the Major’s legal team “agreed because the Major wanted nothing to do with the woman who assaulted him.”
Furthermore, actors can be detained for up to a year if convicted of an allegation disclosed this morning in his domestic violence case, according to Hollywood treatment.
So far, Majors has been dismissed by his talent manager Entertainment 360, his second recent failure in terms of representation, after the Lede Company began to stop representing Avengers actor last month. Additionally, Majors and fashion house Valentino are said to have “agreed” that the actor will not be attending this year’s Met Gala as one of its guests.
The actor’s next trial has been set for June 13. According to AP News, Majors must attend in person. Otherwise, an arrest warrant may be issued.