Waiting for iOS 16.4 update? Know when Apple will release it for you
Apple has released a candidate version of iOS 16.4 for testing to developers, and the company is now getting ready for the next batch of OS updates. Want to know when? Apple has yet to reveal the exact date of rolling out the iOS 16.4 update. However, it is expected to be launched to the public as soon as this week. This software update will bring a number of new features and changes to various iPhones, starting with the iPhone 8 and all newer models, including the iPhone SE.
Wondering how you can download iOS Update 16.4 after being released? To install the iOS 16.4 update, once it’s released, you’ll have to go to your iPhone’s Settings and then click on General. Then, click Software Update and follow the instructions on your device’s screen.
In the meantime, if you want to know the features and expected updates that iOS 16.4 could bring to your iPhone, here are some of the updates you can get:
1. New Emojis: iPhone users will be playing around with 31 new features emoticon including the trembling face emoticon, three new heart colors and more. The first draft of these emojis was announced last year but they have not been added so far. Now, with the iOS 16.4 update, it is expected to roll out to everyone.
2. Web push notifications: Web-based push notifications through The hunt on iPhone will allow users to receive notifications from websites through Safari. According to one MacRumors’ report“Only web pages that users save as web apps on the Home screen can request push notifications.”
3. Optimize Crash Detection: iOS 16.4 will also bring additional Crash Detection optimizations to iPhone 14 models. Several US states and Canada have complained of a flurry of mistaken 911 calls from skiers and snowboarding, then Apple did the same.
4. Music player app interface: Users will now see queued songs appear in a small banner at the bottom of the app instead of a full-screen pop-up.
5. New Siri Voice: It was previously revealed that the keyboard is getting new language support for Korean, Ukrainian, Gujarati, Punjabi, and Urdu but it turns out that even Siri will get a new voice as Apple adds more languages. Siri has Arabic and Hebrew voices.