35mm lenses are popular for good reason, as they provide a versatile focal length neutral enough for a wide variety of applications, including portraits, street photography, events, astrophotography, etc. Viltrox The 35mm f/1.8 AF is one of the more affordable options available, but it still offers a great range of features. This excellent video review looks at the lens and the kind of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Alex BarreraThis great video review will look at Viltrox 35mm f/1.8 . AF Lens. At $379, the AF 35mm f/1.8 is very budget-friendly, although the Viltrox still provides it with a ton of worthwhile features, including:
- 10 elements in eight groups
- Two extra-low dispersion and two high transparency elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and increase clarity
- Two aspherical lenses to reduce distortion and increase sharpness
- Multi-layer HD nano coating reduces flare and ghosting and deeper contrast
- STM autofocus motor with full-time manual focus override
- Nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Overall, the 35mm f/1.8 AF looks like a decent lens for photographers and filmmakers who don’t want to splurge on a top-of-the-line option. Check out the video above for Barrera’s full thoughts.